Amarok Adventures does not have an office of its own. We are guides and we work as such, in each destination, travelling & exploring. We are nomads. For many years we have worked in tourism, and we have decided that we do not like to work in a cubicle, so we prefer our office to be from a house in the icelandic valleys to a beach on the island of Palawan, in the Philippines .
Our team is made up of a multidisciplinary group of guides that have been trained over the years and experience in extreme places enjoying with the joy of a child. Each guide has developed an specific trip, being an specialist in the destination. Let us show you each country with our eyes, because with us, you are not only in good hands, we believe you are in the best hands and we are excited to have the opportunity to show it to you.
What make us different?
- We are licensed UIMLA mountain guides
- We have Jökla certification as official Icelandic Glacier Guides
- More than 10 years working as mountain guides
- We have the Wilderness First Responder certification by NOLS
- Proffesionals certified in safe 4×4 driving
- We are an Icelandic official travel agency
Amarok Adventures – in collaboration with local agencies – organizes and leads their trips based on ethical, equitable and environmental principles. These are necessary for a tourist activity like ours to generate, in addition, social benefits.
- Redistribution of economic benefits to local communities. For this, we ensure fair remuneration and improve working conditions as much as possible.
- Information and awareness to travelers, based on a transmission of knowledge and development of activities respecting the local culture and its traditions.
- Constitution of small groups – maximum 12 travelers – that minimizes the ecological and social impact of our trips.
- Reduce the environmental impact. For this we try to reduce the use of plastics, especially in countries where recycling is not usual.
- Consumption of local products, whenever possible, to encourage the development of the country’s communities.
- Protection and respect for fauna and flora.
- A percentage of the profits of Amarok is destined to social projects in destination.