Isolated Iceland is a trip through the most uncharted places in the heart of the Arctic island. Hiking across kilometric lakes, black deserts, coloured mountains & natural hot pots. We will move in our modified 4×4 vehicles to be able to reach every isolated place in the ice & fire island.
Our groups are made by 8 travellers and 2 qualified guides who will show you the secrets of these amazing landscapes.
We will forget about the most touristic places here in Iceland, to hike across the most incredible & wild areas. We will arrive to forgotten lands even for the locals, surrounded by no villages in hundreds of miles and where we could meet face to face with the power of this magic and pure nature.
From Our Gallery
Come on a trip with us and enjoy these wonders with your own eyes
The photographs below have been taken by our travelers or guides during the adventure trips in the destination. Enjoy!
Day 1: Welcome to the island of Ice & Fire
Day 2: Colorful mountains & volcanic craters
Day 3: Langisjór & the Fögrufjöll mountains
Day 4: Biking in the wilderness
Day 5: The lost valley of Obsidian
Night at the mountain hut.
Day 6: The Ragnarök fires
Day 7: Deserts, canyons & the Eyjafjallajökull volcano
Day 8: Transfer to the international airport of Keflavík
What do I need to bring?
- 25L - 30L backpack. Sorry! Suitcases are not welcomed on a hiking tour :)
- Sleeping bag ( -10º confort & hiking mattress)
- Hiking boots with sufficient ankle support for walking on rough trails. They should be waterproof and have a robust sole.
- Warm clothing (down or fibre jacket)
- Thermal clothes
- Waterproof jacket and pants
- Hiking pants
- Hiking socks
- Warm hat and/or baclava
- Swimsuit & towel
- Warm gloves (preferably waterproof)
- Tooth brush and personal toiletries
- Earplugs for a pleasant sleeping
- Head lantern
- Hiking poles (recommended)
- Water bottle (1-2 L, enough to last a whole day)
- Extra batteries for your lantern
- Great desire for living an adventure