Discover the Fagradalsfjall volcano tour, an ongoing eruption in Geldingadalur valley (Iceland). A 3.5km hike each way to the valley. Enjoy one of the most recent wonders of Iceland with a local & certified mountain guide from a safe distance and enjoy everything you need to know about the site’s geology & the Reykjanes Geopark.
- Difficulty of the tour: Moderate
- Total hiking: 7-8 km
- Total duration from/to Reykjavík: 8-10 hours
The Fagradalsfjall volcano tour depends on the weather conditions & the information from Civil Protection. If any of these conditions are non-favorable, the tour might be postponed.
What’s included in the Fagradalsfjall volcano tour?
- Local mountain guide & professional driver for the tour
- Vehicle for the group (max. 8 people)
- Fuel surcharge
- Parking fees
What’s not included?
- Food & drinks
- Tip or gratuity
- Personal hiking equipment
- Personal insurance
What do I need to bring?
- Mountain boots
- Headlamp & extra batteries
- Warm clothing for cold temperatures
- Wind & waterproof clothing is essential, since weather conditions in Iceland can change suddenly
- Food & beverages for the whole tour
Do you need a trip insurance?
Remember! You can get a 5% discount in our partner IATI only for being visitor of our website. Just visit the previous link to get it.